9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Mask

I went back to the AMC hospital today to get prepared for my radiotherapy treatment.

I had a mask made for me that will hold my head in exactly the same position each time I have radiotherapy. See if you can pick which one is me...



They carried out a CT scan with the mask on so that they could literally mark a target on the mask for the radiologist to aim at. They injected a tracer so that they can see the bloodflow patterns during the scanning process. Almost too easy...



My first radiotherapy treatment will be on the 9th of April

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god you look so much better in your mask. Did it start you thinking abot latex as a fashion item? I have to go in for my mask in the next few weeks. I thought it was going to be a rubber one of Helen Clark which you wear inside out. That way it scares the shit out of the tumour. Keep up the training and go hard. Give em a taste of kiwi.

    ReplyDelete