9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back To The Real World



I decided that I would retire from rugby as I cannot play for a year as my skull needs to heal properly. Being a lad from NZ, I needed something to fill the void, so I entered the triathlon world.

I am entering in the Monaco half Ironman http://www.monaco-ironman.com/

It is 1.9km swim, then 90km cycle followed by a 21.1km run (half marathon). It will take place on September 7th 2008.

I can already swim 2km without any problems, and I have bought an aluminium frame triathlon bike which I am getting more and more comfortable with as time goes on.
Running around a rugby field was always fun, but running the streets was not my idea of a good time. This has changed though as I have dropped 8kg, and am changing from the body shape of a front row forward to a triathlon nerd. I don't have so much to carry anymore, and I am following in Forrest Gump's footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment