9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Once upon a time...


I am from New Zealand, but have been out of the land of the long white cloud for about five years now. The last 3.5 years, I have been living here in Amsterdam in Holland, the land of the clogs.

All was going very well indeed until 8 December 2007. I woke up with a huge headache, and although I had cosumed a few beers the night before, it was not a hangover. I have had a total of about 5 headaches in my entire life, and none had ever compared to this.

My girlfriend Claire took me to the hospital, and after a CAT scan, they informed me that I had a brain tumour in my front left lobe the size of a tennis ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment