9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Monday, March 24, 2008

Maximum Heartrate

For the next phase in my training program for the Monaco Ironman, I need to find out my maximum heartrate for swimming, cycling and running.

As I was in New Zealand last week for a friend's wedding, I decided to find out my max HR for running, as there are great hills there that we do not have in Amsterdam.

I ran 5km up a steady incline, then straight up one of the steepest hills on my parents' farm until I could go no further.

I had a max HR of 192 beats per minute (which I counted while lying on my back after reaching my limit!)

It was great to visit home and touch base. Mum and Dad's cat Barry was happy to see me...

No comments:

Post a Comment