9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blood and Guts

Just when you thought I had finished with all the blood and guts, it has returned. For those of you who don't handle blood, I wouldn't look at the photos that follow...


Half-way through a 40km bike ride on my way to work on Monday morning, a car pulled out directly in front of me, giving me no choice but to harpoon the drivers side, and take a bite out of the roof of the car. This was the result...


After a spontaneous manifestation of Tourette syndrome, I got a ride home from the police officer that we had called.

I went to the hospital, and got two stitches to hold my bottom lip together, and then went to the dentist to get my front teeth fixed.

Two days later, and I was back training today with a 5km run @ 4:30/km and have a number of cliches that suit my situation, such as...

Anything that doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger

and

Bones heal, and chicks dig scars!


1 comment: