9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Stepping It Up A Notch

As the Monaco Ironman race on September 7th draws closer, my triathlon form also continues to improve.

In swimming I was lucky enough to borrow a triathlon wetsuit from a friend of mine. Normally I would swim 1 km in 20 minutes, but with the wetsuit I swum 1 km in 17:30!

In running I am now running 4:20-4:30 min/km on a normal 10-15km run.


I was in Cesena, Italy last week for a good friend's wedding, and managed to get the opportunity to run up one of those fabled 'hills' that we don't have in Holland where I am based.


The monastery that overlooks Cesena (1733)

See the exact course that I ran by clicking the following link [be sure to click show elevation at the bottom of the map]:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/italy/47023-cesena-forlì-cesena/710564368321

My cycling is also coming along nicely with a 60km ride on Friday by myself - in true Ironman style - with an average speed of 30.2km/hr

No comments:

Post a Comment