9 months after a 12-hour operation to have a brain tumour the size of a tennis ball removed, Bondy completed the Monaco Half Ironman triathlon. Bondy completed the Amsterdam marathon in each of the following 2 years and in 2011 completed the Almere full Ironman triathlon. Now he is looking for more challenges...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

3 treatments down, 27 to go...

After already completing 10% of the radiotherapy treatments, things are going very well. The worst day was the first, and that was simply having a strange feeling in my stomach. It was just like eating an omelette made from eggs that were a day or two past their best. Not green smelly eggs with legs of their own, but just a little suspicious.

After the second treatment, I went to the gym for an hour and a half, and after the third, ran for 20 mins. The link below is a summary of my runs so far using a new Nike + iPod thingy that clips to your running shoe and says how far/fast you go. Check the run from 11 April - after my third treatment:

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=runners,runs,686262129,runID,618730168

Also, the Dalai Lama will be getting a new mate in the hair department. After mentioning it to him, he was stoked. We had a big yarn about it, and now I simply know him as Dazza. I sent him a photo of how my hair used to look back in 1994, just for a laugh...

Bondy in 1994
Dazza thought this was pure comedy...

Dazza's reaction


By Dazza getting a mate in the hair department, I mean I will lose a band of hair from one ear to the other, going via my forehead. One side will lose more than the other, and my eyebrows should be safe, but time will tell.

The good news is, I won't need to shave my forehead any more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment